Acne effects 80-100% of individuals at some point in their lives and has become increasingly common in people over the age of 25. Acne lesions have the potential to cause scarring which can have not only a physical impact but a psychological one as well. Therefore, it is important acne is managed promptly and effectively.
Useful things to know prior to your consultation:
- Most acne medicine makes people more prone to sunburn, so it is important to avoid over exposure during the summer months
- Choose make-up carefully, ideally it should be paraben free. This means that the make-up will not clog up your paws
- Clean skin gently using cleanser in the morning, evening and after a heavy workout
- Scrubbing the skin does not stop acne, it can even make the problem worse
- Try not to touch your skin, people who squeeze, pinch or prick pimples can get scores and brown/red marks on the skin
- Acne is not caused by eating too many chocolates or sweets
- Poor hygiene does not cause acne
- You cannot catch acne from another person
It is often useful to categorise acne so that we can choose the best treatment plan for you:
- Usually consists of blackheads and whiteheads
- Mixture of blackheads, whiteheads, and inflammatory spots
- Characterised by an increased number of spots with evidence of scarring and inflammation nodules which are hard spots extending into the skin.
Recommended Treatment: Our team can recommend a range of effective professional skin treatments designed to diminish the appearance of acne scars. From skin peels and laser resurfacing to the latest in micro needling treatments.