As we age, our skin undergoes changes that can leave us looking tired and worn out. Wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin are just a few of the signs that can make us feel self-conscious about our appearance. Fortunately, advancements in technology have provided us with a solution that can help turn back the clock and restore youthful-looking skin: radio frequency micro-needling.
What is Radio Frequency Micro-needling (RFM)?
Combining the technologies of radio frequency and micro-needling we get a remedy to revive ageing skin: Radio Frequency Micro-needling. This non-invasive cosmetic treatment is used to emit radio frequency energy out of the tips of tiny needles to create microscopic punctures in the skin.
These punctures stimulate the body’s natural healing response, which promotes the production of collagen (read our blog post here on The Power of Collagen [INSERT A LINK HERE TO THE BLOG POST ON COLLAGEN]) and elastin, two proteins that are essential for youthful-looking skin.
How Does Radio Frequency Micro-needling Work?
The procedure involves using a device that creates controlled micro-wounds in the skin using a series of ultra-fine needles which stimulates the body’s natural healing response and promotes the production of new collagen. Simultaneously, radio frequency energy is released to the deeper layers of the skin (dermis), which heats the tissues and tightens the skin leaving a rejuvenating feel to it.
The Benefits of Radio Frequency Micro-needling
- Improved Skin Texture and Tone: RFM can help to improve the texture and tone of your skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential for youthful-looking skin.
- Reduced Wrinkles and Fine Lines: The treatment can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by promoting the production of new collagen.
- Tighter and Firmer Skin: RFM can help to tighten and firm the skin by promoting the production of collagen and elastin.
- Reduced Appearance of Scarring: The treatment can also help to reduce the appearance of scarring by promoting the production of new collagen.
- Minimal Downtime: RFM is a non-invasive procedure that has virtually no downtime, which means you can return to your daily activities immediately after the treatment.
- Safe and Effective: The treatment is safe and effective for all skin types and can be used to treat a wide range of skin concerns.
How to Prepare for Radio Frequency Micro-needling
To ensure the best possible results, we recommend avoiding any topical products containing retinoid or acids for at least 48 hours before the procedure. In addition, it’s important to steer clear of sun exposure for at least a week prior to treatment and make sure to wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 on the day of the procedure.
The treatment is not very time-consuming, typically taking just 20 to 40 minutes to complete with no downtime afterward. Depending on your unique skin concerns and goals, you may need anywhere from 3 to 6 treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart to achieve optimal results.
While the severity of the treatment will affect the timeline for visible results, most patients see a noticeable improvement in their skin within just 2 to 4 weeks after the first treatment.
Is Radio Frequency Micro-needling Right for You?
RFM is an excellent option for anyone who has early signs of ageing and wants to improve the texture, tone, and appearance of their skin.
However, you should avoid the treatment if you:
- have a skin infection/skin disease (like psoriasis)
- are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- are pregnant
- are taking anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- have a history of poor wound healing, keloid scars, or hypertrophic scarring
If you are interested in this treatment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01923 248512 where our qualified skin care professionals will help you determine if it is the right procedure for you.